Monday, April 15, 2013

Pappa's Got a Brand New...BABY!

Posted by Benson


As some of you are aware, my wife Elizabeth and I just recently had a baby!  

His name is James Green, and he is about a month old now.  He was born on March 19th and weighed in at a respectable 7 lbs. 5 oz.  I thought I would introduce him.


James is my second son, so now we are firmly outnumbering Liz.  My oldest, Ieuan, is two and a half years old and so far he has been a very good big brother.  I have been assured that at some point there will be a massive freakout, but Ieuan has already gone a month with only minor attention-related fits.

Ieuan offers a gift to help smooth relations with the new member state

Is it weird to use geopolitical metaphors when describing a newborn?
 
I just found out from my wife that James is now 9 lbs. 8 oz., although I do not know where that puts him on the chart.  Suffice it to say that he is progressing well and is overall very healthy.


Little Visitor
Ieuan was a rather well-mannered baby whose only vice was taking a rather long time to sleep through the night.  Before James was born I had been very concerned that the new baby would wind up being super colicky, would spit up like possessed schoolgirl, or otherwise act in a manner vastly more troublesome than Ieuan was.  In fact, this eventuality had been prophesied by several individuals who felt that Ieuan was much too easy to handle for a baby.  Naturally, I was concerned about being subjected to some poetic justice.

It does seem so far that lightning can strike twice!  James is a very well-mannered baby.  He is not as majestically easy as Ieuan was, but on the whole is very, very easy to deal with.  This has caused some measure of chagrin, and naturally I have suggested to my wife that we quit while we are ahead.  A third child might wind up paying us back for both of these well-mannered babies!

I shall endeavor to avoid flooding this blog with baby photos in the coming months, but a few may sneak their way in.  In our 21st century world the cameras are always abundantly at hand.  I think the days of being able to torture your children by enthusiastically displaying old photo albums to girlfriends and fiances might soon be over.  By the time Ieuan and James are old enough, any significant other will probably have such readily available sources as this for incriminating data.

No comments:

Post a Comment