Thursday, December 19, 2013

NO NO GARRETT HARTLEY!

Posted by Benson

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

NO!

Sean dead-to-me Payton released Garrett Hartley!

Hartley is gone.  He's gone!  Sean Payton released Hartley after the incredibly poor performance by the Saints in their recent game against the St. Louis Rams.  Payton had put Hartley on notice before, but COME ON!  Why cut Hartley?  Why now?

As I have said JUST RECENTLY, Garrett Hartley is a pretty darn awesome kicker.  At the very least he's certainly not cutting floor material.  He's the 23rd best kicker in NFL history with more than an 82% accuracy rate.  And the kicks he misses are almost always completely inconsequential.


Sean what-the-Hell-were-you-thinking Payton cut the man who kicked the Saints into their only Superbowl victory in history!  He cut this fine, though admittedly sometimes, situationally, when it doesn't matter unreliable kicker with two games left in the regular season and no decent free agent kickers sitting around looking for a job.  He cut Garrett Hartley when the Saints need to come away with a victory over the Panthers on Sunday!
The only reason I can fathom is that Sean abuse-the-whipping-boy Payton cut poor Hartley to send a message to the rest of the team: "I will cut of my *&^%$#@ nose to spite my face!"  That's the only message it sends.  I'm angry with y'all, so I'm getting rid of the guy everyone knows I've been thinking about replacing because even though he's made all of his critical, game-winning kicks this season, he played just as poorly as the rest of you imbeciles did today.


Nobody looks at Drew Brees and says, "Well, he threw two picks today and coughed up a fumble, so obviously the Saints need a new quarterback."  They look at his performance and say, "It looks like he had an off day.  He's a very good quarterback who rarely throws picks.  And the offensive line has been weak, and the play calling wasn't great, and the defense was reading the plays well..."  But a kicker is apparently only as good as his last kick.



Sean choke-on-your-Juicy-Fruit Payton, you deserve to lose out the rest of the season.  Forget my Saints Season Side Bet, forget my hopes for a comeback Superbowl win this year, you didn't believe in Garrett Hartley.  If you find yourself missing his magic, there's only one person to blame, and it isn't Garrett Hartley.

Thank you Garrett for your hard work and gracious attitude in spite of the poor hand you've been dealt by Sean I-don't-believe Payton.  We'll miss you Hartley, probably more than some folks will realize until it is too late.


“I would like to start off by saying I have been blessed with the opportunity that the @Saints & ownership have given me. The memories that were made with this team will live in my heart forever! I can't say enough for my teammates and their support. And finally the Who Dat Nation. Y'all's passion for the game and this team are second to none. It's been an honor to wear the Black & Gold."

No comments:

Post a Comment